Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why Finland?

This is a question that people tend to ask me all the time… Well, I chose Finland mainly because I started learning the language and I got into their culture and I was impressed by many of their traditions as my Finnish teacher , Leena, showed me so many things about the country and the Finnish lifestyle. I’ve always been interested on visiting the Nothern European countries because they were “exotic” to me because of the large differences between my country and the Nordic region. The wildlife and the fact that in most of the places here you are around nature with large virgin forests and animals that can walk in front of you, was an excuse to go out of Uruguay.

This is a photo I took right from my house, the reflection made into the water is amazing.

Satalinnan Sairaala (big old hospital in my town).

The city of Pori, Satakunta

Photo taken while walking in the forest.

A european squirrel (orava) eating a nut in Finland - Photo from Matti Parkkonen


No comments:

Post a Comment